How To Define & Implement A Service Catalog
This two-day interactive course will provide you with a practical, structured and proven approach to designing, establishing and maintaining a Service Catalog.
The course goes beyond the ITIL® theoretical guidance for Service Catalog Management and focuses on explaining how to plan for, design, build, implement and maintain a Service Catalog that will meet your business needs. You will also learn how to:
- Map IT services to business processes and functions
- Describe the services that IT provides in terms of business value and business outcomes
- Publish services in an actionable Service Catalog
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Attendees will gain the skills and knowledge they need to effectively and efficiently plan for and produce a Service Catalog listing all of the services that IT offers and that the business needs. Through instructor-led discussions, case studies, real-world examples and group exercises, attendees will gain practical knowledge and learn how to:
- Identify and define your IT services and offerings using a standard methodology
- Describe and explain the usage, benefits and relationships of the different layers and views of the Service Catalog
- Understand how the service structures integrate with other key processes in IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Differentiate between the Business Portfolio Catalog and the Request Catalog
- Use service based cost models to help understand the cost of services available in the Catalog
- Understand the activities and roles required to maintain the Service Catalog
- Understand the various technology options available to create, implement and maintain the Service Catalog
- Identify what success looks like once you’ve implemented the Service Catalog
- Follow practical steps to align IT services with business services
- Publish your services in an actionable Service Catalog
- Ensure your service structure integrates with key IT processes and practices
- Differentiate between a Business Portfolio Catalog and a Request Catalog to tie your service catalog to the request fulfillment process
- Use your IT service structures in the CMDB
- Explain how the sharing of knowledge gained through the service catalog can benefit IT and the business
- Identify tool requirements for the Service Catalog
One of the most important take-aways of this course is a Service Catalog Action Plan, a detailed plan for what steps to take when you return to the office. This will be an individualized action plan, created throughout the course by each attendee that can be used to guide the efforts of the organization in establishing its Service Catalog.
In addition to the Action Plan, we will also provide support and guidance through the following downloadable, ready-to-use documents:
- A complimentary e-copy of the bestselling Pink publication, Defining IT Success Through The Service Catalog: A Practical Guide, 2nd edition
- Service definition information gathering worksheet template
- Example service definitions
- Service specification template
- Service offering template
- Links to live service catalogs
- Service Catalog Tool Requirements
- A customizable PowerPoint® presentation to help you share the benefits of the Service Catalog with management and peers
COURSE & INSTRUCTOR ACCREDITATION
Pink Elephant is globally accredited to provide ITIL and other ITSM education.
Your instructor is a highly experienced ITIL-certified member of Pink Elephant’s delivery and consulting team. You can expect to learn from an individual with the industry’s deepest knowledge how to plan for, structure, implement and maintain a Service Catalog so that it delivers its intended benefits. This knowledge is a direct result of Pink Elephant’s vendor neutrality – as well as many years of IT experience working with a variety of organizations worldwide.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND & PREREQUISITES
- Anyone who requires a detailed understanding of how to create and maintain a Service Catalog
- Any individual charged with defining services that will be published in a Service Catalog
There are no prerequisites.
EXAM, CERTIFICATIONS & AWARDS
- There is no exam for this course
- You will attain 14.5 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers
Pink is Green
FEE FOR ONSITE TRAINING
To inquire about fees for bringing this course to your location, call us at 1-888-273-PINK. For terms and conditions related to onsite location deliveries, call our Customer Service Center.
FEES FOR PUBLIC COURSES
View terms and conditions related to public courses.
Fees do not include tax where applicable.
||Add To Cart