COBIT 5 Foundation
Classroom Course Format
This three-day instructor-led, classroom-based course, provides an end-to-end business view of COBIT 5 – an internationally accepted framework for governing and managing enterprise IT that supports executives and management in their definition and achievement of business goals and related IT goals. Formerly known as Control Objectives for Information and related Technology (COBIT), the current version of COBIT consolidates and integrates the frameworks of COBIT 4.1, Val IT 2.0 and Risk IT.
The key learning areas covered in this course are:
- An Overview of COBIT 5 (History, Drivers, Benefits, Structure, Alignment)
- The Five Principles Of COBIT 5
- The Seven Enablers Of COBIT 5
- An Introduction To COBIT 5 Implementation
- The Process Capability Assessment Model
You will gain an understanding of how the COBIT 5 framework supports enterprises in the development, implementation, continuous improvement and monitoring of good IT-related governance and management practices.
In addition, you will gain sufficient knowledge and understanding of the COBIT 5 guidance to be able assess the current state of your IT organization with the objective of scoping what aspects of COBIT 5 would be appropriate to implement.
- The major drivers for the development of COBIT 5
- The business benefits of using COBIT 5
- The COBIT 5 Product Architecture
- The IT management issues and challenges that affect enterprises
- The five Key Principles of COBIT 5 for the governance and management of Enterprise IT
- How COBIT 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise
- How the COBIT 5 processes and the Process Reference Model (PRM) help guide the creation of the five Principles and the seven Governance and Management Enablers
- The basic concepts for the Implementation of COBIT 5
- The basic concepts of the new Process Assessment Model
- COBIT 5 guides and how they interrelate
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Individuals looking to:
- Gain insight into the Enterprise Governance of IT – Business Process Owners, Business Process Consultants, Chief Executives, IT /IS Auditors, Internal Auditors, Information Security and IT Practitioners, Senior IT Managers, IT Consultants
- Be certified as a COBIT Implementer or Assessor
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Work experience in governance, process management / improvement or IT service management is recommended.
EXAM, CERTIFICATION & AWARDS
- This course prepares you for the examination leading to the COBIT 5 Foundation Certificate. This exam is scheduled during the last day of the course and is a closed book, 40-minute, 50-question, multiple-choice exam. The COBIT 5 Foundation Certificate examination is administered and marked by APMG. You must achieve a passing mark of 50% to attain your certificate.
- You will attain 19.5 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers
Pink is Green
Before the start of the course, it is highly recommended you read COBIT 5: A Business Framework for the Governance and Management of Enterprise IT. Click here to create a free account and download the material.
Maximum class size is 25 students per instructor.
View our full Education terms and conditions here.
Fees do not include applicable tax, which is payable for all events presented in Canada.
||Add To Cart